Wednesday, February 15, 2006

At the back of the Whirlwind

Actually the whirlwind would be ME. I haven't stopped running since last Thursday morning. I left for a 2 day conference at about 10 am and the roads were not very good. I was able to make decent time, but was left drained because of constant vigilance to conditions and other cars. However, the making good time ended as soon as I hit 169s in the Twin Cities. I only had about 20 more miles to go, but it took me 1 1/2 hours to go the last little bit. Granted the roads were not great, but not worth going SO SLOW. Arggg... If I wasn't frazzled before, I quicly became frazzled. Then I got lost in the last 2 blocks of my search for the church where the conference was held. However, after that the weekend went SO VERY WELL. I met a new friend who was a vendor in the alcove near me. She is a potter and I bought tiny lips to give to my husband for valentines day. They were a hit here though my kids were sure they were good to eat and the boys each had to put them in their mouth to check it out (my boys are almost 8 and 13). She was so willing to share from her heart and I enjoyed visiting with her no end. The sales were pretty good also, I did not know what to expect because I have never done this conference before. Then I stayed with my friend Sherri Eide, who is married to the Christian singer Peder Eide. Sherri has a masters degree in counseling and I took full advantage of her expertise. We talked about some things I have been struggling with and she showed me how to pray some prayers of forgiveness for some people in my life that I have been trying to forgive for years. I feel that God has moved in my life in a very real way.
I did get home on Saturday night, but then Church on Sunday, family time Sunday afternoon/evening, and then Monday was a mad rush to receive a couple of pallets of Little Tikes products off of a Semi, not to mention laundry, supper, cleaning up, and the usual pull-the-business-together-after-3-days-away. Then on Tuesday I delivered a BIG Little Tikes Playground to Bemidji, and today I travel to Aitkin to present a workshop. I told someone this weekend that I love what I do so much that sometimes I almost have to pinch myself that this is what I get to do for a living.