Friday, April 20, 2007

Softly into that dark night.

My mother-in-law passed away quietly on Thursday morning around 11 am. The nurse had checked her at 10:30 and all was stable and when she checked at 11, Helen was gone. I have always wondered about the poem that says something about "Do not go quietly into that dark night". I'm sure I have it wrong, but that is what sticks in my mind. And yet, isn't it best not to be struggling? We have a joke in my family that goes like this "I want to die in my sleep, like my grandfather, not kicking and screaming.....like the passengers in his car". I know that my mil is in heaven. She is saved, safe, at peace. This is a sad time for our family. She was an awsome grandma. She did so many wonderful things with and for the kids. She really really loved them. They are going to miss her so much. She was also such a great mom. 3 wonderful boys. Only 2 living now. We are such a small family. So much sorrow and death to deal with. I am taking 2 online classes and I am barely holding my head above water getting it all done. I am exhausted. It will all work out I know.

Labels: