Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday Morning Mania

Weight today was 210.

I am always running around like a chicken with it's head cut off on Monday mornings. I do laundry just one day a week and for the last couple of years it has been Monday that is the set aside day for the dreaded washing. By Monday night I am usually so tired I am like a limp dishrag. Today I also have so many business things that I need to work on. Fun things to be sure, but hard to get everything done. I had 4 days of travel/shows last week. On Wednesday night I presented a workshop in Grand Rapids, MN for their week of the young child celebrations. I felt that it went very well. Then on Thursday and Friday, I was at the CCR&R conference in Bloomington (right next to the Mall of America). In this wretched little hotel. And sales were terrible. I sold about $33 worth of product and had paid $100 for the spot, so that obviously doesn't work. However, I did make contact with people who hire trainers, and I hope to be hired to come in and do trainings for some of these CCR&R agencies. CCR&R stands for Child Care Resouce and Referral. This agency is the agency that delivers training to licensed childcare providers and also funnels grant money to them. Then on Saturday I was at a home based business expo in Bagley, MN. I made expenses and seemed to make some good connections, but sales were ho hum. Is it just that it is the end of the month and people have run out of money? I have a Home Party in Thief River Falls on Thursday night and then Jonathan and I will be traveling to Souix Falls, SD on Friday afternoon. We are staying at the Holiday Inn and the Childcare conference is at another hotel on Saturday. I have never done this show so it will be interesting to see how it goes. I did a home school conference there last summer and sales were not great, but this is a totally different market.
Well enough rambling, I am going to go finish sorting laundry and get my second load in. Have a good one everyone.